I found this fun and easy project from Facet to make beautiful earrings. You could make easy gifts for friends and family. This would also work to make pendants.
Glue flat-back crystals to brass components for a spark of color
Attaching flat-back crystals to these components is simple — the hard part is knowing when to stop. The colors are so pretty, I always want more. To make sure I don’t overdo it, I always place the crystals on the component first — without gluing — then ask myself, “Can I do without this one (or two or three)?” I usually remove at least a couple and find I have a better design.
- 2 26–31 mm round base metal pendants
- 2 25 mm connectors
- 2 6 mm bicone crystals
- 2 4 mm bicone crystals
- 4 5 mm flat-back crystals
- 6 4 mm flat-back crystals
- 6 3 mm flat-back crystals
- 2 6 mm blossom bead caps
- 4 in. (10 cm) 22-gauge half-hard wire
- pair of earring wires
- chainnose and roundnose pliers
- diagonal wire cutters
- two-part epoxy
Crystals from Fusion Beads, fusionbeads.com. Check your local bead store for brass pendants by Vintaj or other manufacturers.
Fussy peacock pendants
- 6 mm bicones: Siam
- 4 mm bicones: amethyst AB
- 5 mm flat backs (SS20): volcano
- 4 mm flat backs (SS16): fuchsia
- 3 mm flat backs (SS12): sun
Asian window pendants
- 6 mm bicones: blue zircon AB
- 5 mm rounds: amethyst
- 4 mm flat backs (SS16): purple velvet
- 3 mm flat backs (SS12): blue zircon
Get fresh ideas and inspriation from this fashionable jewelry piece – Earrings with PMC+™ (Precious Metal Clay) . Use the zoom feature to view the design details made with supplies from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.