Each year, Bead&Button magazine sponsors BeadDreams, a juried competition of exceptional bead artistry from around the world.Ribbons are currently awarded in ten categories. The accepted pieces are displayed in our gallery area at the Bead&Button Show.
The outstanding piece among category winners receives a Best in Show trophy and a $1,000 gift certificate from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.
How to Enter
The deadline for 2016 BeadDreams isFebruary 26, 2016.Rules and Eligibility
- The competition is open to professional and amateur beaders and jewelry makers from the U.S. and around the world. Bead&Button Show faculty and exhibitors may enter the competition. Kalmbach Publishing Co. employees and family members are not eligible.
- All work entered in the competition must be original.
- A non-refundable entry fee is $50 is required for each entry. This fee will be used to help defray the cost of return postage and insurance.
- You may not submit more than two entries in any one category. We reserve the right to reclassify the category of an entry.
- Entries may be the work of a single person or a collaboration by several people.
- Entries must have been produced between March, 2015, and February, 2016.
- Maximum size (including any necessary display structure): 24-W x 16-H x 32-L in. (61 x 41 x 81 cm). We reserve the right to exclude large pieces (wider and higher than three feet) from the BeadDreams exhibit at the Show if space constraints, handling issues, and/or security concerns present an issue.
- We will notify you of your acceptance status via email in early March, 2016. All accepted pieces must be received at the Events Marketing Department no later than March 23, 2016. Although we encourage you to send display materials with your entry, Bead&Button Show reserves the right to display pieces as best suits the needs of the Show.
- International participants are responsible for all Brokerage fees, Duties and Taxes.Kalmbach Publishing Co. WILL NOT accept delivery on packages that require customs duty to be paid. (For more information, please consult your nation’s customs officials.)
- Do not use shipping peanuts to pack your items. Include instructions for display, special handling, or shipping requirements inside the shipping box.
- The Bead&Button Show will provide standard UPS insurance up to $100 for the return shipment of items. You must provide the insurance to cover shipping it to us, its display at the Show, and its time at the Kalmbach offices. While the Events Marketing staff will use every precaution to protect and safeguard each item while in our offices or at the Show, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Kalmbach Publishing Co., the Bead&Button Show, and Bead&Button magazine retain the right to use the entry photos, to photograph all submitted items, and to use the photographs in any lawful way, including but not limited to, publicity, publications, electronic media, etc., with full credit to the artist.
- Items are scheduled for return by mid-July, 2016. If you need to have your work returned before then, please inform the Events Marketing staff.
- Please include the retail value of your pieces in USD (US Dollars)
- Limit the description of your piece to two sentences. Do not use all CAPS.Judging and Awards
- The editors of Bead&Button, Bead Style, and Art Jewelry magazines will select the competition finalists.
- Before the start of the Bead&Button Show, a team of judges will select first, second, and third prize winners in each category. A panel of judges will choose the Best in Show and Runner-up from the first-place winners.
- Finalists will be on display at the Bead&Button Show, June 8 – June 12, 2016.
- Artists retain ownership of their work and do not need to be present to win.